ARP-Art Residency Project 7th Edition is designed and promoted by Centro di Documentazione della Ricerca Artistica Contemporanea Luigi Di Sarro, Rome, Italy and aimed at young visual artists.
ARP 7th Edition is realized with a contribution of MAECI – Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and of Media Aid Onlus, with the partnership of Suburbia Satellite Granada, Spain, and Cape Town, South Africa, and with the collaboration of Rainbow Media NPO.
This call is an opportunity to encourage artistic production by emerging artists in the countries involved, Italy, Spain and South Africa .The call is open to young artists who are under 30 years old on the date of publication of the announcement. The applicants must be interested to share experience and be available to participate in all 3 different periods of residencies from November 2019 to April 2020.
The project offers:
residency in Cape Town South Africa
residency in Granada Spain
residency in Rome Italy
(IMPORTANT: air tickets and accommodation will be provided by the organization, not food and personal expenses. Accommodation will be in multiple rooms.)
The 6 winners (2 artists from Italy, 2 from Spain and 2 from South Africa) will travel together and must be ready to interact with the group and participate to the project activities. The selected artists have to declare their intention to make a research project during the residencies and be ready to show the results as conclusion of each residency period and a final exhibition will be organized at Centro Luigi Di Sarro in Rome.
The entries will be evaluated by a jury of experts:
- Jake Aikman, Satellite, Cape Town
- Alessandra Atti Di Sarro, Centro Luigi Di Sarro, Rome
- Khanya Mashabela, Art critic, Cape Town
- Marisa Mancilla, Facultad de Bellas Artes, Universidad de Granada
- Francesco Ozzola, Suburbia, Granada
- Carlotta Sylos Calò, Università degli Studi di Tor Vergata, Roma
The applicants shall send their entries including the followings (please EU participants will send also english translation of their materials):
• Motivational letter and research proposal with declaration of acceptance of availability period of participation NOV 2019-April 2020 subject to penalty (in PDF);
• Artist’s portfolio (in PDF);
• Artist’s curriculum vitae (in WORD)
• Copy of valid passport (not expiring during 2020);
Send your entry by email before 10 August 2019, with object ARP 7ED CALL, to: email@example.com